Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 9

September 6

"Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesues Christ" (Ephesians 5:20).

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name" (Hebrews 3:15).

Give thanks unto the Lord... How many things I ask of the Lord in pray. "Lord, please protect, help, guide, give, love..." When all is said and done, when He has been faithful, do I stop my doing long enough to and just praise Him? Thanking Him continually for His rich blessings?

"But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 3:16).

How often I "forget" to do good and to share. Especially when it comes to my time. But is it really my time? If God gave me life and if His purpose in doing so was that I might bring Him glory, then is it really my time? How can I dare to be selfish with that which wasn't even mine to begin with?

"That we have a good conscience in all things desiring to live honorably" (Hebrews 13:18).

Of one's own accord one would not desire to live honorably or have a sensitive conscience. I find myself lacking. Do you? Perhaps it is time to start praying once more for a conscience that will not be ignored and a desire to always live in a way which is honorable in the eyes of God and man.

No comments: