Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer's Lessons


Summer is officially over. School started back last week, and everyone is starting to get back to the normal routine of life, at least everyone in my world is. I had the opportunity to do lots of things this summer, and God taught me a lot through it all. One of the most important lessons I learned is that God doesn't see the outside of people. He does not listen to the pre-concieved notions that people have. He doesn't care who the "popular" people are. He loves us all the same, and wants us to reach out to everyone, the popular, and unpopular alike. He longs to work in any life He is given.
Another thing I have learned is that faith without works is dead. I got to do a lot of "work" and I loved it, most of the time. Other times I didn't exactly have the best attitude, but God helped me see from His eyes. And I realized that I was being selfish. Sometimes lessons have to be learned "the hard way," by experience. Basically I learned James 2 in real life. God is so amazing! I am so thankful God wants to work in us, regardless of our imperfections.

No comments: