Thursday, February 25, 2010


At eighteen I was getting ready to graduate from high school, and I was worried because I did not have any real plans for what I would do next. I had always assumed I would go straight from high school into college, but as the time drew near, I became more and more unsure if college was the right choice for me.


Soon after graduation I got my first job and started working full time. I was a bit burnt out with book learning and decided to take a break. Though, the break from school was nice, I never stopped worry about what I should do about college. I looked at many colleges and many degree plans, but nothing seemed to be right.


I prayed and prayed asking God to show me what it was He wanted me to do. I always received silence, which I interpreted as a signal that I was to wait. So, I waited, worried, and worked. A year passed. "God, surely now is the right time. I am tired of not knowing. Won't You just give me a hint." Still nothing.


I kept working and I kept looking. Several times I thought, "Oh, this is it. I have found it!" Then as I pursued that path further every door was closed. This kept happening until I came to the point of, "You know what, Lord? I am not going to worry about this any more. This is Your deal, it should have been Yours all along, and I am not going to worry about it any more. I trust You. I will wait on You another ten years, just walk with me."


Then one day, almost two years after I had begun working, I knew. God showed me the perfect path, and not only that, but He also made a way where I thought there was no way. He proved to me again, that He is an awesome God. He knew His plan all along. He just wanted me to learn a lesson in trusting Him. Think of all the time and worry I could have saved if only I had trusted Him from the start!


In the next few months I will begin a new journey, called college. I know that there will be tough times, but I also have peace because I trust that my God can, and will, see me through.


This is just one more story about how God has revealed Himself to me. This is just one more reason why I know that God is real. It feels so good to say I have no worries, because my God is in control.

No comments: