Sunday, August 21, 2011

Prayer IS the Answer







"There are no shortcuts to Christlikeness. Shortcuts only lead to masquerading. There is no substitute for spending consistent time alone in His presence. The cost is great. But the rewards are even greater. If we want to be transformed, we must be willing to





Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;

Abide in Him always, and feed on His Word...

Take time to be holy, the world rushes on;


Much time spend in secret with Jesus alone;


By looking to Jesus, like Him though shalt be;


The friend in thy conduct His likeness shall see.



~ Willeam D. Longstaff (1822-94)"


A Place of Quiet Rest

~Nancy Leigh DeMoss



I know I have written several times lately about the urgent need in all of our lives for prayer. This morning in devotions I was remind again of how important prayer is.


The end of summer has been busy for me, and in all my bustling around I have slacked in the one area of my life that should always remain consistent, prayer. Again I have reaped the fruits of my lack of faithfulness in seeking my Maker. I have been overwhelmed, discouraged, and lacking a sense of direction. When I sat down to ask myself why things were going so badly and why I was frustrated at every turn, I did not have to search my heart more than a few seconds to discover that I was doing it again. I was trying to do everything alone. Again, God used circumstances, including a failed test and being in a minor car accident to remind me that I need Him. I cannot hope to cope with all life throws at me alone. I just cannot.


Prayer is the ANSWER!



"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,

in everything give thanks; for this is the will


of God in Christ Jesus for you"


(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).


No comments: