Wednesday, May 1, 2013

For Him Alone



"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand." ~ Isaiah 53:10
 
This verse is one of the many that stood out to me as I made my way through the book of Isaiah this last week. I could comment on many things the verse says and what it speaks to my heart, but for the sake of time, I will stick to one little phrase.
 
"the pleasure of the LORD"
 
As I read through Isaiah, that phrase and others like it continued to stand out to me. "For mine own sake" (Isaiah 48:11), "He will do His pleasure" (Isaiah 48:14), and many others. Over and over and over the truth that all things are for God, for His pleasure, for His glory, for His honor, and for His purposes.
 
If all things are for the Lord and His purposes, than it means that each day we live, the hard - the boring - the terrifying, somehow fit into His bigger picture.
 
Let me ask you a question? If you have had a really tough day, is it easy for you to get downhearted and to be tempted to question God's wisdom with, "Why, Lord?" What if we thought instead, "Lord, I don't know why today has to be so hard, but I trust that it is for Your pleasure and for Your purposes. Show me how I can live out this day in such a way as to only add to that pleasure and purpose. Help me to be faithful with this charge that You have given."
 
I am finding that if I keep in mind that all things are for Him, than it changes my whole perspective and how I live each day, the good or the hard.

No comments: