Thursday, November 5, 2009

Holiday Yam Bake





Holiday Yam Bake



4 Lg. cans of yams, drained

2 Lg. cans of crushed pineapple

8 T. brown sugar

8 T. butter, melted

1 c. chopped pecans

4 c. miniature marshmallows


Drain yams and mash well.

Drain pineapple also, and reserve the juice.

Add the pineapple juice, brown sugar, and butter to the yams and beat well.

Then stir in crushed pineapple and pecans. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13" pan.

Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with marshmallows (the more the better I always say) and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve.



It is our family tradition to make this recipe each Thanksgiving. Our family has grown so that we now need to double the recipe! Often times the job of making the yams falls on me, but I will not complain because I like my Yam Bake made just so. :) I hope you will give this recipe a try. Who knows it may become one of your family traditions too. I'd love to hear about your families Thanksgiving favorites. Please leave a comment. I love hearing from my readers!

God Bless,

Kaomi

No comments: