Saturday, May 21, 2011

Savior Please

Recently I listened to the song, Savior Please, by Josh Wilson. It was like the words of my heart being lifted to the Father.



"I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this along, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me"



I have been trying to be so tough, to be good enough, on my own strength. We can be victorious in Christ. We can overcome, walk in stength, climb every mountain, but, we cannot do it on our own strength. Trust and dependence on Him is something I find myself having to be reminded of over and over. It is not easy for me. I like to take things into my own hands, but to walk in His way, I cannot. For I am weak, needy. I need Him. How about you? Are you trying to overcome on your own? Do you need to return to your Strength?

No comments: