Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Triumph of Evil

I have always loved a good quote, and the other day as I was going through my quote collection I came across one I have often pondered. It is an old quote from Edmond Burke:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I can't help to think of the truth in it. Just think if we Christians stood up for what we believe in. I don't necessary mean the "big" things that seem too big for our seemingly minuscule influence, but the issues we see every day. Things we come across at work and school that we know aren't right. I know I am often guilty of "doing nothing" just walking away or trying to ignore it. What would happen if we stood up? What would our world be like? What would the people around us do? Would they be surprised?

No comments: