Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Never Forget

Memorial Day has become just like Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It is just another holiday from work and school. A time when everyone has fun with friends and family.

I have nothing wrong with people having fun, or with people spending time with those they love. What I do have a problem with is that we are so distracted by our fun that we do not remember the reasons for these holidays.

I never want to forget why we celebrate Memorial Day, or any of the other holidays. I never want to forget those who died for my freedom, those who sacrificed so much for our country. I never want to stop crying when I heard taps played or see a family reunite, rejoicing when their soldier comes home. I never want to stop treasuring the things that made our country great, and I never want to stop fighting to keep the memories of our American heroes alive in the hearts every citizen of the United States.

May we always stand united, one nation, under God! As you celibrate, do not forget our soldiers or their families, because freedom is never without a price.

1 comment:

Restore the Fire said...

I will never forget why we have Memorial Day as I have relatives who haved served and are serving in the military.