Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Anywhere But Here

Paul says in Philippians 4:11 to be content in every sitiuation, but I have to admit that I have not always been content in life's circumstances. I often find myself questioning my path. Could God really have lead me here? If this is where God wants me why am I so unhappy? The place I was in was not bad, just uneventful, and I did not like it.

I believe contentment is directly related to happiness. I have realized that I need to be statisfied with where God leads me instead of dreaming of somewhere else, even if it appears more eventful.

My advice: make the most of where God leads you.


Anywhere but here is where I want to be
I waste my restless nights crying myself to sleep
God, if You're out there, and You really love me
Why have You lead me here?

A quiet whisper in my ear I can hear You say:
This is where I want you
This is where I am
This is where I called you
It is all in My plan

Even if you don't like it here
This is where I am

1 comment:

Restore the Fire said...

I try to be satisfied with life, but at times it is very hard to do so.