Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring Time


If there is one thing about me that most of my best friends know, it is how much I enjoy springtime in Texas! I love the smell, the feel, and the beauty that springtime brings. After all the browns and grays of winter, the vibrant greens of spring never fail to take my breath away. But, of all the things I like about spring, I think my favorite part would have to be all the beautiful flowers that burst into bloom. I love to paint them, take pictures of them, and, of course, smell them.
Every year when spring comes, I am reminded of how there will be dark times in our lives, but how those dark times will not last forever. One day spring will come into our lives again and we will blossom under the watchful eye of our Master. What a day of rejoicing that will be! Our darkness will be turned to light, our night will be turned to day, our sorrow will be turned to joy, and our pain will be washed away. If you are going through a dark time and you cannot see any daylight ahead, remember that God is in control and spring is just ahead. Call upon the Lord, trust in Him, for He will answer you in your time of need.
" I called on the LORD in distress: The LORD answered me."
Psalm 188:6
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be
no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain,
for the former things have passed away."
Revelation 21:4
"Weeping my endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning."
Psalm 30:5

No comments: