Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

I know I am late with this Father's Day post, but it really could not be helped. I decided to post it anyway, because loving our fathers should not be something we do only one day a year.

---------------

For me, Father's Day is a day to tell my dad I love him, but even more then that it is a reminder for me to respect and love him every day. Father's Day is like sticking a sticky note on your bathroom mirror to remind you to do that thing you know you will forget. Except I never forget my dad. I never forget to love him, that is like breathing to me. What I do forget is to always respect his wishes (because God asks me to do so [Exodus 20:12]), even if I do not agree with him. I also forget to take those little opportunities every day to show him how much I care. In short, I take my dad for granted much of the time.

So, this Father's Day I remembered all these things, and promised myself to try harder in the coming year to love my dad more and to not take him for granted.

I thank God for giving me a godly father who has taught me so much about what is really important in life.

I love you Daddy! And happy Father's Day to all the fathers in the whole world. May God bless each of you.

Kaomi

No comments: