Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 21

"God helps them to overcome, causes them to have victory even when it doesn't seem as if they could."

I found this note in my devotional journal. There is no indication of why I wrote it there. I don't know if it is something I read, or if it was something I wrote in relation to something I was going to at the time, but it seemed so perfect for today.

I've been really struggling to guard my heart lately. Thoughts keep creeping in that are distracting me from keeping my focus on my Father. I have felt so helplessly weak to stand against them even when I know they are pulling me away from the very One I want to draw closer too. I have not even been able to focus on reading God's Word. When I came across these scribbled thoughts I was reminded of 2 Peter 2:9, "The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations." And, 1 Corinthians 15:57: "But thanks be to God, who gives us victory though our Lord Jesus Christ." God will deliver me from the temptation to put any thought above Him in my heart. He will give me victory. He will be the strength I need in my weakness ("My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9).

My God is good!

No comments: