Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 28

"Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, And revive me in Your way" (Psalm 119: 37).

What worthless thing have I been looking at, longing for, consumed with? I imagine every single one of us could come up with at least one thing that we are paying too much attention to, so much so that it is pulling us away from the Lord. In the last few months I have come to realize how I've allowed friends and social media to become too important too me. I know I need to take a break, pull back, and take time to evaluate my heart. Why have I allowed even friends, which can undoubtedly be a good thing, to become so important as to pull me away from the things God has given to me to do? So my prayer is, "Revive me in Your way, O Lord. Draw me near to your heart. Give me the strength to do that which I have not the strength to do alone."

"With my whole heart I have sought you" (Psalm 119:10).

I want this to be true in my life! So much so that I can say in all honesty, "Lord, I have sought after you with my whole heart. You are my God and I love You more then all else. You are my Lord and I will praise You to the end of my days. I shall never cease to seek You as long as I shall live!"

With a prayer on my lips I begin this day, knowing the Lord will hear and answer.

No comments: