Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 26 - For My Friends

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18).

My dear friends,

This is my prayer for each of you, that you may grow daily in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Some days I don't know what to pray for you. I feel that my own words are just rambling nothingness. And so, I pray this.

I am aware that each of my friends has their own challenges, and if you challenges are anything like mine, no matter of trying on your own strength is going to cut it. We can be so stubborn and so...welll....stupid. At least I know I can be. I try and try to do things on my own strength and become so stressed. I feel like giving up. Then God taps me on the shoulder and says, "Why don't you let Me help you?" Then there is one of those embarrassed, hide your face in the closet moments. "Uh...Father, I am SOOOOOOO foolish!!! Have I really been doing it again?" And so goes my life. I am so glad our Lord is a patient Father. I am so glad that He never gives up, but continues to patiently teach me.

Today I pray that God will give you strength for each challenge, peace for each trial, grace for each "Not again!" moment, knowledge and wisdom for each decision life brings your way, and love enough to make you smile thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.

To my friends (you know who you are!), I love you all!

Kathryn

No comments: