Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 22

"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring destructive heresies, even denying the Lord" (2 Peter 2:1).

This verse served as a reminder of why I need to spend more time in God's Word. As Christians, we need to know the truth so that we are not fooled by the lies of false prophets. Over the last year or so I have really come to see how important it is to know what you believe and why you believe it. I want what I believe to be in direct accordance to what my Lord teaches in His Word, so obviously I need to know what His Word says. That is one of many reasons why I started this challenge.

What are some of your favorite methods of reading through the Bible? Do you like to start at the beginning and work your way through? Or maybe you read one of those plans that help you read the Bible in a year. The ones where you read a little from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs each day? Or perhaps you are doing like I am at the moment and reading the books you wish to study the most first and in a seemly random order. :) Whatever your choice method is, I pray that you are picking up your Bible and diligently studying it each and every day!

"The best preparation you can make for your life, something that God will use greatly as you interact with others on a daily basis, is the study of His Word. All truth and wisdom lies therein."
~ Anonymous

No comments: