Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 17

"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles" (Psalm 34:17).

Sometimes our hearts are heavy and our minds are filled with doubts or fears. Other time life is just crazy busy and we feel a bit overwhelmed. I have been going through some of these things lately, well most of them honestly. This morning I woke up with an aching heart, "Why God, why?" I could not help but ask. I opened my Bible with a sigh and begged the Lord to lead me to a verse that would speak to my weary heart. He heard cry this morning and delivered me from my troubles to a greater extent than I honestly had hoped for (Oh, me of little faith!). Everything was not gone, there were still questions, and doubts but He gave me sweet peace. I didn't feel so overwhelmed by the busy day ahead because I knew He was with me and that He would see me through. He calmed my fears and was so near that I knew I could trust Him. That somehow everything is going to work out okay.

Then He led me to this verse that says,"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him...Do not fret--it only causes harm" (Psalm 37:7&8). Isn't God good? Do not fret, rest in Him...

My day did not start out perfect, there have been some trying moments but He has been faithful!


God truly does care about me
He has set my sinful soul free
Even though I don't deserve to be
He holds me close upon His knee
All He asks is that I trust and believe
Rest and leave
And He will relieve
My weary heart.

No comments: