Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 6

September 3

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it: (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Hallelujah, Praise the Lord for making a way out!!!! Self observation: Do I make a habit of always looking for that way out at the very first sign of temptation?

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor detest His correction; For whom the LORD loves He corrects, Jest as a father the son in whom he delights" (Proverbs 3:11-12).

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives" (Hebrews 12:5-6).

When I have done wrong, do I grow angry and upset because the Lord sees fit to rebuke me? I hope not! I want to always remember that true love is tough love. God loves me so much that He has my future best interests in mind. That may mean pain for today, but tomorrow I shall see the fruit of righteousness blossoming more fully in my heart.

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy" (James 3:17).

The wisdom that comes from above is to be treasured and guarded. What sweet wisdom it is! Through the process of wrong doing, and chastening from the Father, this wisdom grows within us. and oh, what a sweet treasure it is!

"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it" (Hebrews 12:11).

Would we not welcome the correction of our earthly father if we knew what blessings our future could hold because he has brought us up in the ways of the Lord? How much more so will we rejoice in knowing that our Heavenly Father is chastising us and bringing us into submission and to further righteousness with the promises of great rewards?

No comments: