Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 18

September 28

"That you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory"(1 Thessalonians 2:12).

Perhaps this verse stood out to me because I have been thinking a lot lately about what I do from day to day with the time that God has blessed me with. Am I walking in a way that is worthy of my Lord?

Today has been hard, I'll just out and out say it. I'm not trying to complain here, just stating the honest truth. In two weeks I will be beginning a college course that is going to take more study time then I have been used to. I have been used to taking CLEP tests, now I'm gearing up for a full-blown college course with lots of papers and interaction with other students. I know I will enjoy it, but at the same time I know it is going to require me to be more disciplined because I will have deadlines that are going to be set by people other then myself. If that makes sense. Soooooo, in light of that, my CollegePlus! coach and I have put together a more strict schedule for me to implement. One that will hopefully allow me to get all my work done, plus all of my school work turned in on time. So, today was difficult because I got my first taste of what my life will look like for the next few months. I felt like I had a drill Sargent breathing down my neck all day and that I couldn't stop pushing and accomplishing! And before you think that I'm referring to my coach as a drill Sargent, I'm not. She is super sweet. The drill Sargent it the thought of all I have to do and the pressure to not get behind.

Anyway, in planning out my days and tracking where I am spending time I have been thinking a lot about whether or not I am glorifying God in what I do from day to day. How do my priorities for me line up with His priorities for me? Am I in His will? What things can I not fail to do?

Nothing too deep, but just another average, everyday moment. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn,

You did CollegePlus!? Somehow I missed that - I'm just starting it! What are you majoring in?

Your thoughts are good on walking worthy of God's calling. I am learning (very slowly, I might add) how to trust God in waiting and trying to figure out my degree. Also have been thinking about a quote someone told me lately: "Where God wants you to be/go to college isn't as important as who He wants you to be."

I know you haven't heard from anyone in awhile on your blog; just wanted you to know that I still pop by every once in awhile and always come away encouraged and blessed by you and your thoughts and mostly just your longing to grow closer to our Lord Jesus.

I also love the music on your blog. :) Have you ever heard the song "I Still Believe" by Jeremy Camp? It has been my prayer lately as I've had to sort through different things.

God bless you and yours and remind you of His faithfulness and blessings as Thanksgiving approaches.

Hold fast
AK girl