Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 5

September 2

Today I was reminded to not grow weary and loose heart, to not cease to pray, but to continue steadfastly in the way the Lord has shown us through the example of His Son. Also, I was reminded that what Christ suffered, I must not expect to escape (Matthew 10:22). I once heard a speaker say, "If you are not being persecuted for Christ's sake, then you are not where you are supposed to be." Am I where I God has called me to be?

"Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer" (Romans 12:11).

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we reap if we do not loose heart" (Galatians 6:9).

"For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls" (Hebrews 12:3).


~*~

"What David offered to his God was a heart that was utterly satisfied with His will. There were no private reservations, no little whispered "if"---if only I can be where I want to be and have what I want to have, then there will be gladness in my heart...he went further...It (joy) does not depend on what I have, it is more than that sort of gladness. It is a joy that is entirely independent of circumstances." ~ Amy Carmichael Edges of His Ways

I long to be utterly satisfied with the will of my Father, to have a deep gladness within that is not dependant on the circumstances of this life! Don't you? What do you think are some steps each of us can take to find such joy?

I would have to say the number one step is prayer. Studying God's Word. Then action.

No comments: