Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 4

Lest anyone think that I have given up so quickly, let me assure you that I have not. Due to the fact that I was without a computer for several days I am just behind on posting. I hope, within the next few days, to catch up. Until then, here are a few posts to tide you over.


September 1

This morning was a wee bit more challenging than the last few mornings. An unexpected amount of projects for work came in yesterday that needed to be taken care of in a timely manner. Because of this, I was not able to go to bed at my regular hour. Nevertheless I was determined to still get up by my normal time this morning. When morning rolled around I wanted so much to snuggle deeper into my pillow and keep on sleeping! Thankfully the Lord was with me and reminded me of what a day started without prayer, usually turns out to be. Knowing I had a lot of work to do again today I knew that prayer would have a major roll in keeping my day flowing smoothly. If the doors to Heaven aren't opened in the morning, I always find that they usually stay closed all day. Not because God will not open them. Oh no! But because I am so stressed and harried that I do not take the time to open them. Have you ever found this to be true?

Hebrews 11:13-16

We are strangers and pilgrims on this earth. This is just our temperary home. There is what I like to call a eternal perspective. This is how we view the world and all that is in it. We look at it all through the eyes of our Lord. We look at it with the thought that glorifying our Father is our number one priority, and that Heaven is our goal. So, if I am just a stranger here, if this is not my home and Heaven is, then is how I am living reflecting that?

"By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy passing pleasures of sin" (Hebrews 11:24-25).

What are we willing to endure for the Lord? Are we willing, even eager to stand with His people and to suffer with them for the sake of our Father?

No comments: