Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 8

September 5

"In honor giving preference to one another" (Romans 12:10).

I do not know about you, but I know that I am often a very selfish person. I really needed that reminder to give preference to others. To treat them with honor. The golden rule sounds so simple, but it isn't is it?

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).

"The LORD is my helper; I will not fear" ( Hebrews 13:6).

Lately I've been going through a time of spiritual growth. I have been tempted to become discouraged and downhearted, even dissatisfied with where God has me in life. These verses were spring water to my parched spirit. God will never leave me or forsake me. That just shows how great His love for me is. He cares so much and He will not let me fall. I have not been forgotten. I do not need to fear or feel overwhelmed, because the Lord is my helper. He will walk with me through this time. Oh the blessed assurance!

No comments: